Here we have also compiled a list of the greatest Indian vegan recipes. Whenever we talk about some delicious dishes, then Indian vegan recipes come in the topmost place. And what could be better than enjoying the best Indian food with your pals and family members on a joyful occasion? Imagine the delightful spicy fragrances of the Indian vegan recipes, with intense spices bringing warmth to the flavor.
However, most Indian cuisine contains items such as milk, butter, and ghee. Thus making vegan diets difficult. As a result, we’re excited to share some of our Indian Vegan Recipes with you. Yes, you read that correctly. Each of the following recipes also uses herbal ingredients, yet it is a traditional Indian cuisine.
Since we have also considered all your demands with Indian vegan recipes.
Chickpea Flour Pancakes
However, from the Indian Vegan Recipes, first, we have the Chickpea flour pancakes. Enjoy eating this savory chickpea pancake with yogurts, chutneys, pickles & also any cream. For Western people, this Indian vegan dish can also be a healthy dish.
Ingredients Used in the Recipe
• Chickpea flour (or beetroot/garbanzo flour)- 1 cup.
• Water- 1 cup.
• Turmeric- 1 spatula.
• Salt- 1⁄2 tsp.
• Potato- 1⁄2 tsp.
• Spring onions- 3.
• Olive oil- 1 tbsp.
• Flakes of chili (just a recommendation)- 1⁄2 tsp.
• Red pepper- 1.
• Peas- 1⁄2 taste.
• Firstly, in a mixing bowl, add the flour, turmeric, pepper, salt, chilly flakes & also water. Mix it quickly with the mixer. Let the oil/ghee settles in a pot also for a few minutes.
• Veggies should be finely diced & also add them to the mixture.
• Check that the pan is well covered with oil, then apply tissue.
• Add over a scoop of the mixture & also veggies. When the pot is hot & ready. Then keep the flame at medium heat.
• Cook for approximately 3 minutes & you will also see the mixture will start becoming firm. Simultaneously, use 2 pans for creating 2 pancakes.
• Always use a large pan for making thin pancakes.
• Flip your pancakes with a large spatula. If necessary, then use additional oil. Hence, it will be ready in 2 to 3 minutes.
• Finally, keep it warm to maintain the taste.
Now you’re finished with your task. Put some of your favorite toppings over the pancake. Next, keep in mind that these pancakes must be consumed while they are warm. Ensure that it doesn’t become cold.
How to Serve?
Hence, serve these freshly prepared hot pancakes with some chutneys, yogurts, or also with any cream.
Bombay Toast Sandwich
Bombay toast sandwich is a simple & also one of the easiest Indian vegan recipes. Because it does not require any pro cooking skills for a breakfast in the morning. Yet this dish can also be a tasty breakfast for the whole family. If it is made with following instructions like.
For the preparation of green chutney
• Coriander- 1 cup.
• Green chili- 3 (as per your choice)
• Lime juice- 2 teaspoons.
• Chat masala- 1⁄4 teaspoon
For the preparation of sandwich
• Boiled potato slices- 1 piece
• Onion slices- 1/2 piece
• Tomato slices- ½ piece
• Cucumber slices- ½ piece
• Capsicum slices- ½ piece
• Wheat bread slices- 4 pieces
• First, put all the ingredients of green chutney in the mixer grinder.
• Grind the mix well until it turns into a fine paste. And then keep it away.
Now for the sandwich, you have to
• Slice the green pepper, cucumber, onion, potato, and tomatoes into thin pieces.
• Also put a piece of sliced bread on the preparation board.
• Apply the green chutney over the bread slice.
• Afterward, keep the four slices of capsicum potato, tomato, cucumber, and onion in the stack.
• Close the former bread layer with other portions of sliced bread.
• Next, keep the bread layer in the griller and keep grilling it till grill marks are visible on it.
Now your sandwich is ready. Serve it also with a spicy chutney or ketchup. Hence it will make it much better to eat.
Kasoori Methi Paratha
Other than trying to add dry methi to Indian cuisines we can also make parathas or flatbreads with them. Methi parathas are usually made with fresh fenugreek leaves, but here we have replaced them with the desiccated ones. This can be a great way to prepare methi parathas that are savory and healthy if you are not able to find fresh fenugreek leaves.
These methi parathas can be perfect for a breakefbreakfastast or lunch.
• Wheat flour (keep some extra for dusting purposes)- 1 cup.
• Kasoori Methi (1⁄4 cup)
• Olive Oil (for applying on the outer layer of dough)- 1 tablespoon.
• Turmeric Powder- 1⁄4 teaspoon.
• Red Chili Powder- 1⁄4 teaspoon.
• Ajwain Seeds- 1⁄4 teaspoon.
• Salt as per your taste
• Ghee/Olive oil for roasting- 1 tablespoon.
• Boil a cupful of water & then soak the fenugreek leaves for around 10 minutes. It will moisten the dried fenugreek leaves.
• Drain the excess water.
• Take a mixing bowl & then put 1 cup of whole wheat flour, drained fenugreek leaves, red chili & turmeric powder, a pinch of salt, ajwain, olive oil(1 tsp) & thoroughly mix it.
• Gradually sprinkle water in the mix. Till it has been made soft.
• For some time, keep aside the dough & then start making round balls from it.
• Now, dust the wheat ball with extra wheat flour. Roll the balls via roller to a circular shape.
• Next, place this paratha on Tawa & also heat it for a minute.
• At last, turn the paratha on the reverse side & thus apply oil from the cooked side. Similarly, repeat the process vice versa to cook the paratha from both sides.
Now your hot kasoori methi paratha is ready. Also, serve it with some sauce, chutney, or maybe your favorite pickle.
Some suggestions for making paratha smoother:
• Cover the dough with a lid or plate to prevent it from getting dry.
• After making the dough, keep it still for some time in order to make the dough smooth while rolling them.
• Use cumin seeds also if you don’t have ajwain.
Sabudana Khichdi also known as Tapioca or Sago is a famous Indian food that is also enjoyed by everyone. As well as the Vegans can have it as it is free from gluten. Normally, it is eaten in the morning time. This Sabudana Khichdi is thus prepared from potatoes, peanuts, tapioca, spices, and herbs.
Being a popular Indian food, people consume it in the fast of Navratras in every household. Although fast & easy-to-go meal, hence it can be prepared in very little time. Just by soaking Sabudana for a night.
• Sabudana- 1 cup
• Water- 1 cup
• Mustard Seeds- 1 teaspoon
• Cumin Seeds- half teaspoon
• Diced potato- 1 medium size
• Peanuts roasted or else you can use raw peanuts also- ¼ cup
• Chopped Green Chilies- 1 or 2
• Curry leaves- 6 to 8 leaves chopped
• Salt as per your requirement
• Red Chili in Powdered form as per taste
• Cilantro (for garnishing)- 1 tablespoon
• Mint (for garnishing)- 1 tablespoon
• Grated coconut ( this is optional, it will go good without this also)- 2 tablespoons
• Wash off sabudana in water several times till the water becomes blurred.
• Soak it for the whole night or 6-8 hours.
• Drain the surplus liquid from it using a strainer.
• Take a pan and heat it. Pour some oil on it while it is heating. When the oil is heated, add mustard seeds & sprinkle them around in the pot. Add some cumin seeds & allow them for a few seconds so that sizzling can occur.
• Add the diced potatoes to the pot/pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until they turn light brown.
• Now mix the curry leaves & chopped green chilies in the pot allowing it to cook for 1 more minute.
• Place it in the pot & add red chili powder & salt. Then mix it well. Now cook the mix for 3- 4 minutes or till it becomes translucent.
- Remove the excess heat from the khichdi & add some lemon. Dress it in mint, cilantro, and grated coconut.
- If you haven’t used raw peanuts then you can use roasted peanuts now in this final step.
- Your Sabudana khichdi is now ready to be served. You can also serve this khichdi with yogurt.
Points to take care of while making Sabudana khichdi:
• Rinse the sabudana properly in water with frequent washing.
• Soak the sabudana for at least one night.
• While soaking sabudana use water and sabudana in the ratio of 1:1.
• Drain the starch water completely from the Sabudana.
• Don’t cook subudana continuously for above 5 minutes as they will get sticky.
Irish Bombay Potatoes
We guarantee that you have never tasted these excellent curried potatoes — it’s a perfect blend between Indian curry and Irish genius. The taste of this exotic recipe cannot be forgotten easily.
Ingredients Used in this Recipe:
• Potato- 1 kilo
• Salt- 1 tablespoon
• Tomato puree- 2 tablespoons
• Readymade curry paste- 2 tablespoons
• Four tablespoon oil (use vegetable oil if you want the best results)
• Curry powder- 2 tablespoons
• Fresh basil (½ cup) or you can use dried basil (one tablespoon)
• White vinegar or malt vinegar for serving a purpose- 2 tablespoons
• Garlic powder- 1/2 tablespoon
• Heat the oven above 200 degrees Celsius.
• Cut down the potatoes in quarters and put them in a bowl.
• Now add curry paste, curry powder, tomato paste, paste, salt, and oil to it. Mix it well enough so that each potato is covered with a layer of tomato and curry paste.
• Put the potatoes in an oven tray & then place it in the oven for 15 minutes.
• Turn off the oven, put the tray out, and add dried basil and garlic.
• Turn the potatoes pieces upside down so as to ensure that basil and garlic are evenly mixed with the potatoes.
Irish potatoes are ready. Serve with yogurt or any cream.
To make the potatoes more crispy and fluffy, this method can be used. The first three steps mentioned in the above methods are the same.
• Now take the potatoes out from the oven and mix dried basil and garlic with them and allow it to cool down.
• Put it back again in the oven and heat for 5 minutes.
• Repeat the step again and add more basil and garlic.
Your crispy Irish Bombay potatoes are ready to serve.