You are definitely familiar with meat alternatives like tofu, beans, lentils, and seitan if you’ve dabbled with a plant-based diet. However, lentils and beans, for example, are good in veggie burgers, while tofu is fantastic in stir-fries. But when it comes to replicating the texture of pork meat or other shredded meats, then jackfruit holds the first choice. So here we have the top 5 jackfruit recipes ideas for vegans. However, you must try these recipes at least once.
According to the Cleveland Clinic, jackfruit is a tropical fruit found in South America, Africa, and Asia continent.
However, Jackfruit Recipes finds its usage in both sweet and savory meals in the form of ingredients. The spices and seasonings you use to cook jackfruit also tend to absorb its flavor. Its texture makes it an excellent meat substitute for vegans & assists in body weight, & metabolism.
These foods are high in magnesium, potassium, iron, folate vitamin A, C. And help to lower BMI, BP, hemoglobin A1c, cholesterol levels in the body.
100 grams of jackfruit recipes contains 1.7 grams of protein. While animal protein such as fish/chickens provides roughly 21 grams for the same quantity of meal.
Basic, easy, and most importantly vegan: that is all- jackfruit tacos. Although, they are savory and tasty, and are also get ready within 25 minutes. Perhaps meat eaters will be astounded by these recipes.
It’s quite quick and straightforward to prepare, along with this, it is completely customizable. Also, you can prepare a large batch of the stuffing and then freeze it for up to a month. However, it’s fantastic if you’re looking to save time.
• Extra Virgin olive oil – 1 tablespoon
• Sliced garlic – 3 cloves
• Chopped onion- ½
• Canned Jackfruit (rinsed and drained) – 600 gm
• Veggies Stock – ¼ cup
• Water – 60ml
• Maple syrup – 2 teaspoon
• Lime juice -2 teaspoon
• Chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
• Ground cumin -1 teaspoon
• Paprika – 1 teaspoon
• Dried oregano -1 teaspoon
• Salt- ¼ teaspoon
• Ground Black Pepper – ¼ teaspoon
• Small corn – 4
• Flour tortillas – 1 cup
• Sliced avocado – ½ piece
• Corn kernels – ¼ cup
• Chopped red onion – 2 tablespoon
• Chopped Cilantro -2 tablespoon
• First of all, thinly slice the jackfruit.
• Heat the oil and then sauté the garlic, onion till it is soft(5mins). When turns brown, and then keeps turning frequently.
• Now, stir the jackfruit & additional taco ingredients. After that, cook for 5 minutes over medium-high flame, or till most of the fluid has been absorbed. Also, stir once in a while.
• With the help of a masher, mash the jackfruit till it gets in a shredded form. However, if you don’t have a masher, then use a fork, or stand mixer.
• Next, put the tortillas on the flame as directed on the packet.
• To make the tacos, then take a tortilla and then top it with chopped onion, corn kernels, avocado slides, jackfruit. Now squeeze lemon juice to taste. Repeat the same process for the rest of the tortillas.
• Garnish with vegan protein(tempeh bacon, seitan, or chopped tempeh) as a topping. Or use vegan sour cream.
• Next, all of the ingredients can be kept in the fridge when they are fresh. If you place the jackfruit mix in an airtight jar, then it will last a couple of days. And if kept in cold storage then it will last for a month.
People Also Like To Read : Top 7 Vegan Food Trends In 2021
BBQ Jackfruit Pizza
This pizza is a fantastic place to start if jackfruit recipes are something new to you. Since Jackfruit is a fantastically adaptable and tasty ingredient. You can also use it as a substitute for pork ribs on this pizza, nachos, and burritos.
As the texture of jackfruit is suitable for use as a meat substitute, and can also be used in a variety of dishes.
This jackfruit pizza comes with a few surprises such as-
• Quick and easy to cook
And last but not least it is also very tasty.
• Green jackfruit – 600 gram
• Tomato Ketchup – ½ cup
• Apple cider vinegar – ¼ cup
• Water – ¼ cup
• Tamari- 2 tbsp
• Maple syrup – 1 tbsp
• yellow mustard -1 tbsp
• Smoked Paprika – 1 tsp
• Garlic Powder – 1tsp
• Onion Powder – 1 tsp
• Multigrain Pizza Base (12 inches) – 2
• Vegan mozzarella cheese
• Thin slice red onions – ¼ cup
• Firstly, make vegan mozzarella cheese first. Then chill it while you finish the rest of the dough. So it solidifies and is simpler to scoop over the crust.
• In order to remove the saline flavor, drain and then rinse the jackfruit thoroughly. Now, in a blender, process until the mixture gets shredded. However, if you need chunky pieces and not minced ones, then do not over-process them.
• Instead, place the jackfruit on a chopping board and then use 2 forks or your fingers to separate the pieces. After that, keep aside the mix.
For cooking jackfruit
In a medium bowl, mix together all of the sauce ingredients and then put them aside.
In a pan, now put the shredded jackfruit and then pour the sauce over it. Now, cook while stirring it frequently, over medium flame till the sauce is largely absorbed. Although it will take roughly 8 to 10 minutes to complete this task.
First, you have to heat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius and then line a large size baking tray with a baking sheet to cover both pizza bases.
Next, split the jackfruit between the two pizza bases, then use a melon baller or a teaspoon to scoop the vegan mozzarella. After that, spread the cheese evenly across the pizza and then also top with the red onion. Bake for around 15 minutes, or golden edges and mozzarella in the melted form.
Jackfruit Enchilada Bowls
In this, we are making meal prep bowls out of regular enchiladas.
However, all such jackfruit enchilada bowls may also be cooked right once and then consumed. Or they can also be stored in glass jars and then consumed for lunch.
Therefore, these flavorful vegan jackfruit enchilada bowls are also ideal for meals on the go.
• Rice (uncooked) – 2 cups
• Can jackfruit -550 grams
• Enchilada sauce – 2 cups
• Corn – 1 ½ Cups
• Black beans -1
• Chopped tomatoes – 3
• Salt as per taste
Garlic Powder, Lime Juice, Cilantro, Vegan cheese
• First of all, you should cook rice as per the directions.
• Then preheat the oven to 220 ˚c.
• Scrape the core out from the jackfruit, extract the seeds, and then shred the rags.
• Also shred the jackfruit & add 1 cup enchilada sauce. Simmer for 15-20 minutes on medium heat, or until the sauce absorbs.
• Using parchment paper, place the baking sheet. Or distribute the jackfruit on the baking sheet by spatula. Then bake for 15 minutes.
• If you’re going to eat straight away, then heat up the beans and corn.
• And keep the bowls orderly.
• Scoop rice onto the bottom of the pan.
• Top with black beans, corn, jackfruit, & also diced tomatoes.
• In the end, pour enchilada sauce over the top. And garnish with the ingredients of your choice.
This type of Jackfruit recipes will make around 3 bowls. Then heat it for few minutes.
Crispy Jackfruit Carnitas
Crispy Jackfruit Carnitas are also flavorful and composed entirely of herbs and spices.
Although, Crunchy Jackfruit Carnitas is a vegan meal that got its roots in Mexico. And maybe used in burritos, enchiladas, tacos, and burrito bowls as a meat alternative. However, this is a great option for weekend meal prep. Because it keeps for a couple of days in the fridge.
• Jackfruit (canned) – 550 grams
• Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
• Red onion (diced) – one cup
• Garlic (chopped) – 4 cloves
• Jalapeno (finely diced) – ½
• Salt – as per taste
• Soy sauce -1 tbsp
• Chili powder – 1 tsp
• Cumin -1 tsp
• Mexican oregano – 1 tsp
• Smoke paprika -1/2 tsp
• Sugar – ½ tsp
• Wash the jackfruit recipes and then slice it down thinly through the core.
• Then wrap it with a kitchen towel & squeeze it. Squeeze out as much as possible. There should be a large amount of liquid released.
• Next, cook the jalapeno, garlic, and onion in 1 tbsp oil over medium flame. Turn it frequently for 5-6 mins until it gets brown and imparts a pleasant aroma.
• Mix the salt, sugar, & spices like smoked paprika, oregano, cumin, chili powder. Add 1 tbsp oil, fry & then stir the spices and jackfruit till it starts to caramelize crisp & intense in color.
• Keep the salt, spice levels as per your taste. And also squeeze with lime for additional tang, but remember that jackfruit has an intrinsic tanginess, therefore taste it once.
• Tacos, enchiladas, burrito bowls, & breakfast bowls are all great ways to use Jackfruit Carnitas.
Spicy Jackfruit With Coleslaw
Tabasco sauce and lime juice provide the tangy flavor in this recipe of Jackfruit.
The coleslaw, made with grated onion, cabbage, and grated carrots will help satisfy your veggie cravings. You will get 41 milligrams of vitamin C from the Jackfruit recipes, which is around 54% of the daily value for women and 45% for men.
• Can Jackfruit -1
• Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
• Onion (thinly sliced) – 1
• Garlic -2 cloves
• Sea salt – as per taste
• Paprika – 1 tablespoon
• Cumin – 1 tablespoon
• Tabasco – 1 ½ tablespoon
• Coconut aminos – 4 tablespoon
• Lime juice – 3 tablespoon
• Tomato puree – 2 tablespoon
• Grated Carrot – 1 ½ cup
• Red Cabbage – 1 ½ cup
• White cabbage -1 ½ cup
• Mayonaise – 2 tablespoon
• Lime juice – ½ tablespoon
• Tabasco – ½ tablespoon
• Spring onion – ¼ cup
• Drain and then rinse the canned jackfruit. Remove its ends.
• Heat the olive oil and then bake the garlic & onion. Mix it with spices in a bowl. Preheat the oven to 180° C & bake till you can smell it.
• Also add the coconut aminos, tabasco, lemon juice, & some water if the pan becomes too dry. A thin coating can be present but not in excess.
• Next, cover the pan & then cook(~15 minutes), or until it can be easily broken. Blend the tomato puree and jackfruit in a mixing bowl.
• To make the coleslaw, combine the cabbage, carrot in a mixing dish. Next, combine the mayonnaise, lime, and tabasco to prepare a dressing. Also, season with pepper and salt.
• At last, mix everything up in the coleslaw. Then serve the jackfruit recipes with coleslaw. Also, garnish spring onions.