So, now that we’ve talked about the benefits of sea moss. Let’s move on to the top four Vegan Sea Moss Recipes.
• Bananas (frozen) (it is not necessary for cold bananas)
• 2-3 dates, pitted
• 1/4th cup hemp seeds (organic)
• 3 tbsp sea moss that has been prepared
• 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• cardamom, 2 pinches
• 3 to 5 peppercorns (black)
• ice cubes (about 6-8 cubes)
• 1-2 cups water, (filtered)
• salt, (pinch)
• 1/2 teaspoons of jaggery (optional)
• First of all, combine all the ingredients except the water in the blender.
• Then pour the same amount of water as the contents of your blender. Hence, it will not be dense and fluffy if you pour too much water.
• Although, if the texture is too thick. Then you may easily add a little more water to thin it down.
Vegan Irish Moss & Ackee Mouse Recipe
Chondrus crispus is the scientific name for Irish moss, sometimes refers to as sea moss. Although, it’s a type of seaweed popularly refer as Carrageen or Mousse d’Irlande. Famous in Irish cooking during the famine.
In Jamaica, you can see the Irish growing on rocks. When Irish immigrants arrive in Jamaica, they carry out the custom of eating Irish moss with themselves. As it is available in abundance in Jamaica and also becomes a part of their food culture.
Yet it doesn’t have a strong flavor, in my opinion. Instead, it has a mild flavor with a tinge of brininess.
• Irish moss gel (120 g) – prepare it
• Almond milk (200 grams)
• Parboiled Ackee (200 grams)
• Maple Syrup (120 g)
• If necessary, then also add a splash of vanilla essence
• Candy made from crushed seafoam, almonds, or fruits
• Caramel sauce or chocolate (melted)
• Coconut cream with whipped topping
• First, warm the milk, ackee, and also sea moss just a little bit. This will simply help them to merge easier. Although, if you have a super awesome blender, then you can just blend it all together.
• Now, combine all of the ingredients in a blender. After that, distribute the mixture evenly among the four glasses.
• Next, chill it until ready to serve (put it for a minimum of 2 hours. But keeping it for a night is also best for the flavors to blend together).
Finally, serve with additional garnishing(optional).
Seaweed Tapenade Recipe
The seaweed tapenade is a delicious substitute for conventional salsa verde. Since it is slightly less sharp, but had more depth; based on your mood. Then you may have less or more lemon juice. Regarding both appearance and texture, we can also utilize a range of seaweeds such as Irish sea moss and sea spaghetti for crunchy. Dulse for purple colors though uses lettuce & nori for smoothing. However, the tapenade is the ideal pantry staple coz the seaweed preserves it dry.
In the end, serve with pan-roasted cod, spaghetti. Or simply spread on a slice of bread. Next, keep any leftovers in the fridge and that too in an airtight container.
• 3 banana shallots, (Finely diced)
• 50 grams pitted olives, (finely diced)
• 50 grams capers, (finely diced)
• Zest of 1 lemon
• Juice from ½ piece of lemon
• Black pepper (1/4 teaspoon)
• Olive oil (90ml)
• Firstly, moisturize the seaweed according to the directions on the package.
• Next, finely chop the capers, olives, banana shallots, lemon zest, black pepper, black pepper, and also olive oil. Thereafter mix well to combine all ingredients.
Now your Seaweed Tapenade Recipe is ready to be served.
Vegan Irish Moss Drink
A vegan variant of a popular Jamaican drink, Creamy Vegan Irish Moss Drink. Although, this dairy-free version of Irish moss is sweetened with dates. Then made with alternate milk and spices.
You should also try Vegan Irish Moss (Vegan Sea Moss Recipes) Drink if you haven’t already. It’s a fantastic Jamaican cocktail that’s often served alongside. Other classic Jamaican beverages like Peanut Punch and Sorrel Drink are popular Vegan Moss Sea Recipes. The Irish moss or sea moss drink is also considered to have originated from the immigrants of the Irish islands. Thus, it’s a part of Vegan Recipes.
Irish moss, often known as sea moss, can be found on Amazon or at local Caribbean grocers.
• Flaxseeds, ground — also helps in thickening the drink while also providing fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. Last, of all, it is excellent for bowel movement.
• Vegan Milk – we can also use used organic soy milk, almond milk, soy milk, or coconut milk.
• Pitted Dates – Make certain there aren’t any seeds. Then soften the dates, immerse them in hot water for a few minutes. In spite of this, you can also use the sweetener of your choice.
• Cinnamon, and nutmeg – Milder spices such as coriander and cardamom. Because of this, you can use it instead of cinnamon and nutmeg.
For Preparing of Irish Moss Gel
• Accordingly, remove sand and salt from dried Irish moss by washing it. I washed five times.
• Soak Irish moss for 15 min or keep it for over a night in a dish filled with cold water. Also, keep it covered.
• Combine ground flaxseeds and Irish moss with water in a pot.
• Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat, and then continue to cook for 25 to 30 min.
• Subsequently, let it cool completely after removing the pot from the burner. When the Irish moss has cooled, it will also become soft. Yet the liquid will get thick and dense.
• Keep it in the fridge to cool for about 10 days in an airtight jar with a tight-fitting lid.
For Preparing Irish Moss Drink
• In a high-powered blender jar, combine 1 cup of chilled cooked Irish moss.
• So, combine the vegan milk, cinnamon, vanilla, pitted dates, and also nutmeg in a mixing bowl.
• Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
A minute later, serve and relish your Irish Moss drink.