In 1948 the WHO also says that “Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being nor merely the absence of diseases or infirmity. So wherever you are in your life, then you really need to focus on your health by using a vegan diet.
Unfortunately today our diet has become sad. Hence, no longer does the food even look like food. As it doesn’t come from farms but comes from the factory. Instead, there are certain chemicals in food such as artificial sweeteners, colors as well as preservatives.
Since we eat low-fat or fat-free food. But why? Because we just need to go to the basics.
According to the US and European news reports, the Mediterranean diet also comes top on the list of the most healthy diets. Although the reason we talked about the Mediterranean diet is that it is the most pivotal when comes to curing cancer. Thus, also reducing the risks of other diseases.
However, this diet focuses on the values of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes & nuts. Some healthy measures that can keep you healthy are as follows:
- As there has been a study on nuts & yet they have been found as the key ingredient in fighting cancer. Two servings of nuts a week can also reduce the risk of cancer in your body.
- Replacing butter with healthy fats with olive oil.
- Use of herbs as well as spices in place of salt is good for your blood pressure.
- Reduction in consumption of red meat.
- Last but not least, yet most important – exercise.
Generally, all these are important parts of the Mediterranean diet. Out of the “paleo diet” and “ketogenic diet” there should not be restrictions on diet as it is dangerous. Particularly the paleo diet, as it eliminates grains & fruits, in which the patients need the fruits most. And in many studies, it has been found that fruits are even better than vegetables in curing cancer risk.
However, if we look at the ketogenic diet, then it also eliminates many of the same things. To be more straightforward, then the ketogenic diet eliminates all fruits. Both these diets also help in eliminating important foods, grains as we know that fiber from grains can help in reducing cancer.
Additionally, a popular saying goes, “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” By the famous doctor –Hippocrates 3500 years ago & he also knew it way back then & today we have forgotten a lot. As we know that food has phytonutrients & thus these phytonutrients are medicinal chemicals in our food. That can also help in fighting cancer.
Also Read : Top 10 Cancer Fighting Foods
Which Food in Vegan Diets Fights Cancer?
The phytonutrients in cruciferous vegetables are glucosinolates. When you chew these vegetables you can release phytochemicals such as indole-3-carbinol and sulphoraphane. These are extremely bioactive chemicals that help us fight against cancer.
These have strong antioxidants, anti inflammatory and detoxification of harmful substances such as carcinogens. High dietary intakes of these Cruciferous vegetable fight breasts and ovarian, pancreatic, liver and colon cancer.
Some of the most studied carotenoids that are knowns to us are alpha carotene, beta carotene, lutein and lycopene are strong antioxidants. In the study, it has been found that people who have higher carotenoid intake, there is decreased risk of cancer.
Note: if you take only one beta carotenoid supplements in your diet, you displace the body’s ability to absorbs the others and that could be very harmful.
In the case of smokers, beta carotene supplements can also lead to the risk of prostate cancer and certain clinical trials shave shown that beta carotene supplements have increased the risk of cardiovascular mortality.
Berries should be part of your everyday diet let it be raspberry or strawberry. They have strong antioxidants properties and the pigment of bright red, blue, and purple color imparts the anti-cancer value.
In the lab and study on the animal, it was shown that these particular phytonutrients stop the growth of pre-cancerous cells, increase cancer cell death, and inhibit the growth of blood vessels that the tumor relies on.
So it is important to include this in your vegan diet.
Mushrooms are the superfoods that are rich in true medicinal values showing significant value in laboratory tests. These mushrooms particularly the Asian Mushroom such as Reishi, Shiitake, and Maitake hells in building immunity in cancer patients.
They are good as:
- First of all, mushrooms are rich in medically active compounds.
- These are anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antitumor effects.
- Enhanced immune response in cancer patients.
- It enhances the therapeutic effects of radiation therapy.
- Taking mushrooms in diets has improved QOL in cancer patients and alleviates.
Turmeric is the known spice we used in cooking and the active chemical in turmeric is curcumin. This is the most common supplement used by cancer supplements.
Laboratory and animal studies show that
- Firstly, turmeric is antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and inhibits tumor blood supply.
- Secondly, regulates the death of tumor cells.
- Third, stimulates the immune system.
- Also helpful in reducing resistance to chemotherapy drugs.
Green tea is an important part of our vegan diet. It has also got bioactive chemicals that help in fighting breast cancer. Other benefits of including green tea in our daily diet are:
- Green tea has to be found to be protective against many potentially carcinogenic oxidative triggers.
- Even the lab studies have shown the green tea’s cancer-preventive effects such as the death of tumour cell and inhibiting supply of tumour blood supply.
- When conducted on animals in laboratory experiments it was seen that synergistic effects combined with some conventional therapies.
- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activities of green tea can reduce the side effects of cancer therapy.
- So with the above mentioned info, it can be inferred that green tea can be taken as a daily beverage.
- They are antioxidants, have hormonal effects, binds to carcinogens and improves gut microbiome.
- It reduces the risk of colorectal cancer.
- Whole grains in our diet gives protection against gastric, breast, endometrial, and prostate cancers.
Grains products are actually very good for our health as we need 30-40 gm of fiber in a day and grains are a great source of fiber. They are also a great source of Selenium which has a lot of anti-cancer properties that can help in reducing radiation toxicity.
- They are antioxidants, have hormonal effects, binds to carcinogens, and improve the gut microbiome.
- It reduces the risk of colorectal cancer.
- Whole grains in our vegan diet give protection against gastric, breast, endometrial, and prostate cancers.