So in this post, we are gonna discuss how to volunteer for Veganism. To start your vegan lifestyle, there are many queries and confusion in your mind. About when and how of each vegan activity you want to start. So here we can also help you out with that.
Before going a vegan understand the ingredients, then have research about them. Also, know how it will impact you personally or specifically, and only then make a shift. Yet it’s not easy at the initial stage. Thus needs time to understand & also adapt to vegan food. But if you convince yourself, then you can deal with drastic change at starting.
Volunteering for being a vegan is all about a sense of realization that food. As well as healthy living is not just about the body, it is also about the soul. Hence, it is about the nourishment of both your body and soul.
Following facts can make you think to shift to veganism. Actually, your food choices are making you uncomfortable, rattling your soul, or bothering you. Then you need to stop, correct the course and also change.
• An average meat-eating person contributes 1.5 tons of CO2 emissions yearly.
• Cows, Pigs, and chickens are the largest sources of methane production.
• The dairy, egg, and meat industry is responsible for 65 percent of N20 emissions worldwide.
• 2400 gallons of water consumption in producing 1 pound of meat. In comparison to 24 gallons of water for 1 pound of meat.
• Grazing of livestock on a large scale is the ultimate threat to plant resources.
Breaking Bad the False Myth About Veganism
We have a big responsibility of leaving a beautiful planet for our coming generation and an even bigger responsibility is that leaving sensitive caring people from that generation for this planet. And that is the real foundation of veganism we will talk about.
Veganism is basically a philosophy that takes your thinking to a different level where you think about all life forms on this planet. So it goes beyond the realm of each other’s life. Veganism looks at all life in its entirety and that includes animals as well.
If we check on the list of things that we have on our self today derive from animals and we are using them for daily use. We have leather belts, shoes, bags, silk and wool clothing, blankets, cleaning products other than the animal food which are consumed by us.
Coming down to food options, all dairy products without whey are non-vegans whether it is milk, butter, cream, cheese, or cured, it’s all non-vegan. Then comes the honey from bees, so it’s non-vegan and for an obvious reason non-vegetarian food is also non-vegan.
Then we have the refined white sugar, earlier consider as non-vegan because the processing involves the bone ash of animals and because of the policy changes in the past, things are no longer the way they used to be. So the white sugar processing now does not contain bone ashes now as it considers vegan as of now.
Many people think that veganism or vegan food is a fad and the reason for that can be many celebrities and famous personalities adopting this way of life and why they opt for this because they don’t want to see it as somebody who is supporting animals cruelty in any form.
But apart from considering it a fad, there have been a lot of myths that arise about vegan food. And most of the myth surrounds in and around in and around three broad areas which are:
1. How does vegan food taste?
2. And how expensive is vegan food?
3. Why it is difficult to source the ingredients of vegan food?
Let burst these myth one by one.
The next thought we have is that vegan food cannot be veganised. For example, we take the pizza, the most crucial element in pizza i.e. cheese which is non-vegan.
If you start looking around yourself you will realize and it will take just a bit of research to understand that cheese can also be made from cashew which is a form of nut and purely vegan. It’s all about understanding the substitute that you use and the flavor will not be very different from the actual one.
If you think of cake, bakery, biscuits, brownies, for an ordinary person these things can’t be veganised. But as a matter of fact, most cakes in the market which use cream are actually non-dairy and vegan cream and the most commonly used cream but you won’t be able to figure out it in the taste. It is only the flavor part that usually we are concerned about.
Another element about which people are worried is nutrition. They think that if they stop consuming dairy milk their calcium level will drop and this is certainly a hoax.
There is no concrete research that vegans have low calcium levels than non-vegans. The substitute for dairy milk is leafy green vegetables, almost, figs, amaranth which are excellent sources of calcium.
Breaking the second myth that how expensive can vegan food be. Well none of them are expensive actually when you think about it. Basically, none of the plant ingredients is actually expensive.
We think vegan food is expensive because it is a special kind of food and it involves a special kind of preparing or baking process and all that’s because of our limited knowledge which is far worse than having a total lack of knowledge.
But yes, dairy substitutes for milk are expensive so regular milk can be substituted with coconut, soy, cashew, and almond milk. Cashew and almond milk are expensive when you purchase them from the market but you can prepare it at home by watching videos on social media platforms.
Coming to the third myth that how difficult is to source the ingredients. If you are thinking of tofu as vegan and common lentil as non-vegan then we are constraining our thought process.
We are only thinking of items that are difficult to get and probably expensive in the market. So what you really need to do is open your mind and look for the ingredients that are already there in the market and need to understand that these all are naturally vegan.
We have a perception that veganism is a fad because we see it as a fad only and not see it as a way of life that someone can actually prefer to follow. We just assume that a vegan bake or cake will taste in a certain way because our mind is tuned to thinking that it doesn’t contain egg, milk, butter, and cream then, it’s not a cake. And that really the way we think.
How to Volunteer for Veganism?
• Join the vegan communities like PETA, The Vegan Society etc and many more you can find on the social media.
• Reach out for the groups that promote veganism and any kind of animal abuse. These groups involve activities like raising awareness and campaign for veganism and animal support, social media posting. And you can be a part of this by joining them.
• If you want to be a diehard vegan and live for the cause of animal life, you can change your work profession into a legislative kind of work. And in that case you have to go through the bye laws for animals and environment protection.
• You can also volunteer by your writing skills. With this you can influence your audience about veganism and cruelty by through which animals goes. Posting your blogs in social media like Facebooks and other forums site can expand your reach.
• You can be a volunteer by sharing the videos of animal cruelty in through video streaming apps such as Youtube, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
• One unique way of volunteering can be by taking part in vegan fest. In this they have public speakers, sell vegan Products and provide vegan food. Through this also the vegan lifestyle can be outreached.
Top Vegan Volunteer Groups
1. Food for Life Global (FFLG)
2. Vegan Outreach
3. American Vegan Society
4. The Pollination project
6. The Vegan Society
7. Well Fed World
Different Ways to Volunteer for Veganism
• The first and foremost task is not go vegan completely. Slowly and gradual change will give body and mind to adapt veganism more efficiently. You can start with giving up on beef or pork meat. And then leaving eggs after some time and then after leaving dairy products.
• Brush off other people opinion because as soon as you let them know your choice of veganism you will be backlashed by everyone and start concerning you about your diet who hates veganisms. So you need to be focused that why you made your choice.
• Get some research and knowledge about how to obtain a vegan lifestyle.
• Pen down the things you already eat and that comes in vegan category too like sphegatti, chilli soups, nuts and this way things will be easier for you.
• Find all the vegan alternatives for your favorite food. For this again a make a list of your favorite food and start searching the alternatives for it near you and in online market to replace it.
• Be open to try new food more than once so that your taste buds evolve differently.
• Find the vegan community around you or in your social networking platforms like Facebook or Instagram that makes easy for you to go vegan as its nurtures different ideas for you.
• Next is that in going vegan keeping it as simple as you can and just stick with the basics.
How Tough is Vegan Cooking?
In the last we want to conclude the whole by quoting:
“Veganism is an evolution and it doesn’t matter where you are, it is the journey along the way.”